Thursday, February 26, 2009

From Laura Holsen

Ann and Rud,


I was stunned and deeply saddened to hear about Jay's passing last month - such an incredible loss to your family, the Beach Center, the Lawrence community, and to those of us whose lives were touched by Jay. Jay's spirit and personality remained with me long after I was no longer his job coach at the Beach Center. I truly enjoyed working with him and learning from him during that time. I continue to remember the times we shared - singing to the oldies station while I took him around in my car on the mail runs we did around the KU campus, Jay laughing and smiling, the fun Jay had shredding paper. Those memories make me smile now, and I often find myself telling people about my time with Jay and how his life touched mine. I hope that these memories and my sharing of them (which I am sure is something that many of Jay's friends do throughout the country and world) will allow us to keep Jay's spirit in the world, because the world is better for Jay having been in it, and I am a better person for having known Jay.

Please know that my thoughts are with your family during this difficult period.

With condolences and deepest sympathy,

Laura Holsen

No comments:

Post a Comment