Monday, March 2, 2009

From Wendy Bellack

Dear Ann and Rud,

I had the pleasure of meeting you many years ago at a conference in Florida. At that time my son was very young but you inspired me with your stories of Jay. I was so sad to hear of this loss to your family – he impacted so many lives – I know that I often thought about your family’s journey as I planned life for my son, Steve. I recall Katie and her poise when she spike about her college essay and with pride as she shared her stories.

I had lunch with Ann that day – it may have been at a National Parent to Parent – to this day I ask myself: “What would Ann and Rud do?” when I am faced with tough choices in helping Steven “get a life.” My daughter, Jill, is so much like Kate and makes me proud. One of the best things about this world with autism is having met folks like you to inspire a dream and keep you motivated. My kids were fortunate to be featured in a sibling video – thanks for helping show them the positive side of each other. I hope you know that we share in this loss of yours.

Sincerely,
Wendy Bellack and family

No comments:

Post a Comment