Friday, May 29, 2009

From Timothy Shriver

Dear Ann and Rud,


I opened my copy of Exceptional Parent today only to learn of the tragic death of your son, Jay. I’m so sorry to be late in writing, but nonetheless I want to share with you both my deepest sympathy. I can only imagine the sadness of such a loss. Your words of tribute and celebration reprinted in the magazine was extraordinary. I hope someday to be able to attain that level of wisdom and faith.

I know that nothing will heal the emptiness that Jay has left in your lives and in the lives of so many others. But at the same time, I am inspired to believe that his love of life and his gifts to all of us are not defeated, but only changed – not ended, but still alive in countless mysterious ways. I join you in praying for him and for the peace which passes all understanding today and forever.

With sympathy,
Timothy P. Shriver
Chairman and CEO

No comments:

Post a Comment