Wednesday, May 13, 2009

From Valerie Owen

Dear Ann,

I saw Tom Skrtic and he told me about Jay. I was so very sad to hear. I know you and, especially, Rud's hearts are broken. I have such fond memories of Jay.

Two nights before you moved to Kansas, Rud gave Jay money to take me out to dinner. He and I had such a lovely time having pizza and sharing thoughts about the move to Kansas. I don't think he truly grasped that idea very much, but he seemed excited. Over the years I asked about him. Doug Guess often gave me updates when I saw him at TASH and I saw you a couple of times. Jay seemed happy and self-determined. Anyway, please know you both are in my thoughts. Jay was an inspiration to me as a young teacher and over the years I have shared the lessons he taught me with my university students. He has a long and powerful legacy.

Fondly,
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment