Wednesday, May 13, 2009

From Holly Benson

Dear Ann and Rud,

I saw Jeanie Schiefelbusch and she told me that your beloved Jay had passed away. I am so saddened to hear this news and sorry that we were unable to attend his funeral and offer you our condolences in person. Coincidentally, we were in North Carolina at that time attending a memorial service for Marty's father.

I have such fond memories of being at your home when Jay was a teenager. Jay smiling contentedly while Amy and Kate sang and danced around him. I will never forget what Amy said about both of them playing music, but at different speeds.

Yours was an extra special family and a beacon of light for so many others. Jay was blessed to have the two of you -- so visionally and so loving -- to guide his life journey. I know I have felt blessed for the time you were in my life and will be forever grateful.

You are both in my heart and thoughts.

With admiration and love,
Holly Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment